So I found out today from my husband that apple peels create pain for him down in his intestines. So now I know that Apple peels are a no no for him. So what to do about this because I do love Apples. So from now on I need to peel the apples.
So some fun things to do with Apples that my husband and I really like. I will cook up sausages and through in some sauerkraut and peeled apples or apple sauce on the side. Now all of my previous applesauce that I ground up the skins in does not seem to bother him so if I really feel I need the skins for him grind them in a canned applesauce that way the skins have been softened by the cooking process.
Also I have found that just slicing the apples and letting him eat everything but the peel also works although it drives me crazy because I see the waste. But I think is it really wasteful to save $5,000.00 in Doctor bills or more if his diverticulitis flares up or actually punctures. No thank you. I will avoid the peels instead.
On a side note Bananas are very bad for the disease. The seeds are small and they do get stuck in the pockets. So instead of banana Bread for breakfast it is Zucchini bread. Zucchini grows well pretty much anywhere and you can substitute it for apples in pie and pasta etc. Just make sure to remove the seeds. Though the seeds may not be as big a deal because swallowing would take some effort best just to not take a chance.
Happy learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment