.
But my husbands stomach not so much in fact the last time we had corn he told me that it gave him pains where he has a known problem.
So what does that mean for me and him? It means no Cornmeal, corn chips, popcorn(which we already new was a no no), No Pizza that has a cornmeal bottom, corn bread, soups with corn including corn chowder and no corn on the cob. Also I have learned high fructose corn syrup in large quantities is no good either or any sugar substitute for that matter. Although Honey, Agave, Stevia, and sugar are all okay.
As a final parting if it has or uses corn don't eat it. Any granule can be painful and not worth the doctors bills if it wears a hole in the intestines.
With all of that said I will miss you corn but for the sake of my sanity and my husbands Intestines I must say good bye. So, so long, farewell and goodbye. I shall miss your yumminess but not enough to go to the hospital with my husband again.
So here is a fun idea instead of corn bread with your BBQ make a thicker bread pudding.
This is a slight variation from the Betty Crocker recipe for Bread Pudding.
6 cups bread chopped up
1/4 cup butter
3 eggs
2 cups milk, buttermilk or eggnog( for a sweeter flavor)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Optional add ins.
1/2 cup seedless Raisins
or
1/2 cup chocolate chips, cinnamon chips
Bake 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Cool and eat you can serve with milk or cream
I recommend for your movie tonight to watch State Fair. It is a delightful Rogers and Hammerstein film. It is a tale of the joys of days gone by when the state fair was the place to go. I love this film it brings me a lot of Joy and watching the chemistry of Jeanne Crane and Dana Andrews is very calm to me. The movie makes you long for a simpler time.
Tonight I will be enjoying sloppy Joes, Butternut squash, Bread Pudding and State Farm.
Happy eating!
1. Popcorn picture from a Google search of images of Popcorn.
No comments:
Post a Comment